Ending Continuation: Chapters

November 7, 2011

Kim Nana & Lee Yoon Sung - Ending Continuation Fanfic - Chapter 10

“Doctor Jin Sae Hee…” Yoon Sung said.

“Yes. How have you been?” Sae Hee walked towards him.

“I’ve been… settling some things.”

“Same here.” She said referring to her husband’s death.

“There was a conflict while I tried to attend his funeral, so I couldn’t pay my respect. I’m very sorry.” Yoon Sung looked down.

“Yeah I believe you, Yoon Sung ssi.” Sae Hee looked at him with serious eyes. “I know that what Jang Pil Jae said that day wasn’t true. At least I would like to believe it wasn’t true.”

Yoon Sung didn’t say anything back, instead he decided it was not a good time to be talking about this right now. “When are you free? Nana and I should have dinner with you some time and we can all catch up.”

“Yeah of course. Nana has my number, you guys should meet with me some time.”

Eun Jung listened in from a small distance. Jin Sae Hee seem to know things about Yoon Sung others didn’t know about. Eun Jung needed to find out what Jang Pil Jae said to Lee Yoon Sung at the Prosecutor’s funeral to piece the puzzle together. Eun Jung farther analyzed the way Jin Sae Hee dressed. Yoon Sung called her Doctor Jin Sae Hee, she seemed to be involved in the medical field. And in her hands, she was holding a picture. That same picture Eun Jung found in the drawer that day.

“What are you here for?” Yoon Sung asked Sae Hee.

“I’m trying to find a nice photo frame for this.” She showed him the picture of her and Kim Young Joo. “It’s precious to me now that I know I will never be able to take another one.” She smiled. “What about you?”

“Nana’s birthday is coming up…” He looked down shyly.

“That’s so sweet!” Sae Hee laughed slightly. “Well I’m going to get going since I already ordered a photo frame. You guys should give me a call and we should all have a nice reunion.” She walked towards the front door of the store. “See you soon!”

“Who was that?” Eun Jung walked closer to Yoon Sung asking him a question she already knew the answer to.

“None of your business.” He said with an emotionless face as he resumed to ordering a photo frame.
__

As Yoon Sung walked around the empty apartment, he couldn’t find Nana anywhere. It was his birthday today. Although he didn’t inform anyone of his real birthday, he wanted to mentally celebrate it on his own. He wanted to randomly ask Nana to go out to a café with him and have a slice of cake with him. He wanted to mentally celebrate his existence.

It was already evening and he was kind of worried. Nana didn’t tell him where she was going and no matter how many time he called or texted her, he couldn’t get a reply.

Just about he was going to leave and get his car to search around the city, the lights went off in the apartment. He looked around a bit startled. Before he could go check if it was a power outage, he heard the front door open and the lights were turned on again.

As the lights turned on again, Yoon Sung saw Nana with a cake in her hands while singing Happy Birthday.

♫ Saeng-il chooka hamnida
Saeng-il chooka hamnida!

Sarang hanuen Lee Yoon Sung,
Seng-il chooka hamni da!” 

“Kim Nana…” Yoon Sung didn’t know how to react. Should he be curious on how Nana knew it was his birthday? Should he be angry at her for celebrating his real birthday? Should he appreciate her celebrating his birthday with him? Should he express how worried he was of her?

Nana grinned widely as she put the cake down on the dining table and gave him a passionate kiss before he could react. She got on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck while Yoon Sung kissed her back in shock.

“Saeng-il chooka hamnida [Happy Birthday].” Nana pulled away from their kiss and smiled.
“How did you know…” Yoon Sung asked.

“Ahjumma told me.” She said as she pointed at Yoon Sung’s mother who was standing behind Yoon Sung in front of the front door next to Ahjussi.

“How did you get them to come?” He was still in a shocked and confused state.

“They agreed to surprise you with me. Ahjumma settled things with her new restaurant early to come celebrate your birthday.” Nana said. “Although you are still worried about the Thai men in America right now, I want you to enjoy tonight and enjoy us celebrating your birthday with you.”

“I’ve never celebrated this before…” He looked down embarrassingly.

“I know.” Nana said joyously. “This just proves that you need to stop hiding things from me. I will always find out.”

Yoon Sung’s mother smiled at Nana’s boldness and how lucky his son was to have a girl as wonderful as Nana.

Yoon Sung smiled at Nana brightly. He couldn’t help but appreciate Nana’s care. No one had cared for his birthday before. Father was never emotional. He never said any words of encouragement. He was always stoic and strict. He had never felt family and love together before. He loved father and father loved him, but it was different. It was nothing like Umma, Ahjussi and Nana.

Out of overwhelming joy and appreciation, Yoon Sung leaned down and planted a loving kiss onto Nana’s lips. He wanted to be angry at her for getting into his business but he couldn’t. He was happy. He was ecstatic. Deep down, he secretly wanted someone to celebrate, to care, and to know about a significant day of his life, the day he was born. Although it was a shameful day, it was still important to Yoon Sung.

Nana smiled within the kiss and placed her arms around his waist as Yoon Sung placed his hand on her back.

Ahjussi cleared his throat awkwardly. “We’re still here, you know…”

They pulled away from each other and Nana laughed. “Sorry.”

Nana looked over at the cake and suddenly panicked. “Yah, Yoon Sung! Blow out the candles, the wax is melting onto the cake! I put a lot of effort into making this.”

Yoon Sung laughed at Nana’s sudden change in tone and blew out the candles. But of course, not before making a quick wish. “I wish something good will happen and my loved ones will stay safe.” A simple wish was all Yoon Sung wanted. He just wanted a peaceful life with its usual ups and downs. But for some reason, a life like that was still hard for him to have.

“Gomawo [thank you].” Yoon Sung said loudly to Umma, Ahjussi, and Nana.

Yoon Sung got a knife and started cutting pieces of the cake.

“Yoon Sung-ah…” His mother stepped forward. “You have no idea how glad I am that I have found you this year. And how happy I am to be able to celebrate your birthday with you present by my side.” She took his hand in hers and looked at him with genuine eyes.

“Me too.” Yoon Sung pulled his mother into a loving mother-son hug as Nana continued to cut the cake for him.
__

“What did you say to him on the day of the funeral?” Eun Jung questioned Jang Pil Jae.

“I was kind of intoxicated… but I think I said something about how he’s the City Hunter… or something along those lines…”

Kim Mi Ok remembered. “Yes, Pil Jae said confronted Lee Yoon Sung in front of everyone that he was the City Hunter and blamed him for the Prosecutor’s death.”

“Does Jin Sae Hee know about the City Hunter?” Eun Jung asked.

“Well… not that we know of…”

“Jin Sae Hee knows something we don’t know. She confidently believes Lee Yoon Sung for one of the things. She either believes he wasn’t the City Hunter or that she knows he was the City Hunter but believes he didn’t cause Prosecutor Kim Young Joo’s death.” She inferred. “And what’s strange is that this concerns her husband’s death. To believe in someone that might’ve killed your husband so confidently is odd… she must have seen something or must have had some secret relations with Yoon Sung that made her believe something like that…”

“Wow, you’re good…” Jang Pil Jae nodded at her statement in amazement.

“I need to know more about Jin Sae Hee… look her up in the database…”

Kim Mi Ok typed some codes into the computer as Eun Jung looked on. “Jin Sae Hee… born in Seoul, South Korea. Date of birth… March 19th 1981… Veterinarian…”
__

“How was the cake?” Nana sat down on the couch next to Yoon Sung.

“As good as the Kimchi you have.” Yoon Sung remembered when he would mooch Kimchi off of Nana.

“That’s good…” She turned her attention to the TV.

Ahjussi was watching TV and online shopping on his iPhone as Yoon Sung’s mother was in the kitchen making some Kimchi for them.

Yoon Sung and Nana sat on the couch, watching TV and just enjoying a reunion with family.
“Thank you.” Yoon Sung said to Nana wholeheartedly. “I’ve never felt something like this in my life. I’ve never celebrated myself before…”

“I know.” She replied. “I’m glad I made your night special.”

“You know you can make it even more special…” He whispered into her ear and brushed his lips against the side of her face.

“Well… it is your birthday…” Nana smirked.

The warm feeling in the air was intruded by a cold gust of wind when Eun Jung came through the front door. She looked around and saw a mid-aged woman, man, Nana, and Yoon Sung. “Oh you guys have visitors…” Eun Jung reminded herself of the date and remembered… it was the day of the sweep mission. The day the City Hunter had always wanted to avenge on.

“We are going to go now, Yoon Sung.” His mother suggested after seeing Nana’s cousin. Nana had mentioned Eun Jung to her before she came. She didn’t want to disturb her at such a late time at night.

Yoon Sung would love to have Umma and Ahjussi live with him but because of Eun Jung and how small the apartment was, his mother decided to stay with a close friend and Yoon Sung just called and booked a nice hotel room for Ahjussi.

Eun Jung kept silent. She didn’t want to ask him any questions about these people because she knew she wouldn’t get the desired answers.

“Annyeong [Goodbye], Nana and Yoon Sung.” Yoon Sung’s mother said as she almost walked out the front door. “The Kimchi is all made, put it in your fridge and heat it up whenever you want some.”

Shik Joong Ahjussi, on the other hand, couldn’t seem to get his feet to move. His body became paralyzed as soon as he saw Eun Jung’s face. Is that real beauty? He thought to himself. His eyes widened as he just stared at Eun Jung. “Omo…”

“Shik Joong ssi…” Yoon Sung’s mom called for him. “We should leave…”

Eun Jung smiled at Ahjussi awkwardly as Nana grabbed Ahjussi by the arm to snap him out of his trance. Looks like Ahjussi had moved on from Shin Eun Ah...

“Ahjussi! Are you okay?” Nana asked him.

“Um…” He cleared his throat. “I’m… I’m fine. Yoon Sung-ah… Nana… I’ll um… see you… okay…” He stuttered embarrassingly as he walked out the front door, never leaving his eyes from Eun Jung.

“Kamsahamnida [thank you], Ahjumma-nim, for the Kimchi. Go safely!” Nana said as she closed the front door.

“So guys…” Eun Jung said awkwardly. “Was today a special day?”

“Oh, I made a cake and we decided to eat it.” Nana said the truth, but not the whole truth. “You can have a slice too, it’s in the fridge.”

“I’m tired.” Yoon Sung sighed as he got up and walked towards their room.

“Yeah me too.” Nana wasn’t tired, she just wanted to be with Yoon Sung. She wanted to follow him into their room. She wanted him to feel like he was cared for on his obscure birthday.

After Nana shut their bedroom door, Yoon Sung asked as he lied on the new queen sized bed he ordered last week, “Why didn’t you tell her the truth?”

“I did.” Nana replied. “Just not everything.”

“Why? I was expecting you to tell her you made a cake for my birthday. Why didn’t you do it this time?” Yoon Sung didn’t want Nana to say anything about it. He was in fact just curious on how Nana knew.

“Well, I found out about your birthday through Ahjumma and I thought about why you had two birthdays and only celebrated the fake one, and then came to a conclusion that you didn’t want others to know about your real birthday. So I didn’t want to let others know something you don’t want them to know. I respect your privacy.” She said to him as she sat down on the bed.

“When did you finally became smart, Gom [Bear] Nana?” Yoon Sung grabbed for her hand and pulled her down on top of him while it took Nana by surprise.

“Where’s my present?” He asked her playfully.

“You already ate it! It was the cake! I spent days making that and failed two times.” She laughed.

“So I don’t get anything? Not even a jacket or a tie or a shirt? Traditionally, isn’t that what girlfriends and wives would usually get their boyfriends and husbands?”

“Well I’m not a traditional woman.”

Nana tried to roll off of Yoon Sung off to the side, however, Yoon Sung placed his hand on her back and penetrated his stare into Nana’s eyes as he spoke. “I think I deserve a present.” He shifted his stare to her lips.

Nana closed her eyes as Yoon Sung moved his hand up to her head and gently lowered her head for their lips to meet.

Now Yoon Sung wished everyday could be his birthday.
__

Okay so this took longer because I've been really busy all last week. Anyway I really liked this chapter myself. I thought it was cute and enjoyed writing all the Yoon Sung/Nana cuteness :) 

Also, I know it's hard to imagine what Eun Jung looks like and I find it impossible for myself, the writer to even imagine what Eun Jung looks like. I have the physical characteristics down but I don't think the human brain is capable of creating faces. So here's a celebrity I imagined Eun Jung to look like. Bora from Sistar (except Eun Jung is 26 but Bora's only 21. Just imagine a slightly older Bora) *picture*


To sum it up, Eun Jung basically looks like Bora (in my imagination), has a personality like Shigeru from Hana Yori Dango or Jae Kyung from Boys Over Flowers, and is as tall as the character Sae Hee (taller than Nana).

Please comment. Just three or four comments is all I'm asking for~

8 comments:

  1. This chapter is really sweet. <3 I love the Yoon Seung-Nana interaction! Nana can really read Yoon Seung like a book, eh? Well, I guess that's just how girlfriends are. :)

    Thanks for providing us a visual image of Eun Jung. LOL I actually imagined her as the real Eun Jung, the one from T-ara. I've seen a few episodes of We Got Married and her personality is actually similar to Jae Kyung's, but now I'll start imagining her as Sistar's Bora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Yoon-Sung!
    Wish I was there to eat a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahahaha the kissing is what i like the most! you're really fantastic at making the storyline. love it sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute ^_^
    the skinship is romantic...but for some reason i can't imagine it all actually happening. Kim Na Na was far more conservative in the drama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really liked this chapter. Ahjussi totally would fall for Eun Jung, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha when she said "I'm glad I made your night special", I SWEAR I did not even GLANCE at the next line, but my thought was EXACTLY the same as what he replied: “You know you can make it even more special…” xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the part where ahjussi has a newfound crush on Kang Eun Jung...its good to see you've kept his personality traits in mind! keep it up!

    Anki<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope park min young and lee min hoo can be a real husbend and wife,forever.......always minmin couple

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About Me

I am going to post some City Hunter Fanfictions so stay tuned!

Archive