Ending Continuation: Chapters

November 23, 2011

Kim Nana & Lee Yoon Sung - Ending Continuation Fanfic - Chapter 12

“Kim Nana ssi?”

“Yes.” Nana answered the doctor.

The doctor walked into the small room of the hospital with a folder.

“Everything will be okay.” Ahjumma assured Nana, held her hand and smiled.

“Okay, are you ready for the news?” The doctor asked Nana seriously and looked into her eyes.

“I’m ready.” Nana took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she held the charm of the diamond heart necklace Yoon Sung had bought her in her hand, this provided her with confidence, hope, and security.

“Congratulations, you are three weeks pregnant.”

There had only been two times in her life when someone’s words had carved right into her heart. This time, and the time someone told her that her parents were dead.

She didn’t know if she should be happy or sad or excited. She wanted to be happy about it because it was a good thing. But she wanted to be sad about it because unfortunately, this was the wrong timing with something celebrative. But she couldn’t feel either emotion. She was just frozen. She felt like she was frozen in time. She felt like she had made a mistake but at the same time she was so fascinated with a life growing inside of her. She touched her stomach and back to her necklace again. This is my creation. This is our creation. This is Yoon Sung’s and my creation.

That was not enough of a reassurance. She needed Yoon Sung to tell her everything would be okay. Would Yoon Sung get angry? What if he breaks up with me? What if he wants an abortion? What is going to happen now?

Nana didn’t know how to break such news to Yoon Sung. This was fate altering and life changing. It was not just a situation or a dilemma they had to solve. This child would open a whole new door for them and all of a sudden it seemed like Nana’s life had gone out of track. She had always dreamed of getting married, and then having kids. But because of their carelessness, all of her imaginations of a perfect future had gone down hill. She felt like she was stuck in a crossroad. She was stuck. She was clueless. She was not ready to be a mother. And she was not ready to nurture a child that would soon mean the world to her.

At that moment, Nana just wanted everything to be back to the way it was. To the days when Yoon Sung was just her coworker. No, that would be too painful to go through again. Her rejected feelings and his fake playboy acts. And her constant worries on his safety. She wanted to go back to the days when she was struggling to pay hospital bills, those days when she was a replacement drive. She had never craved for those days so much. She wanted to go back to before she had met Yoon Sung, before she had given up her life for him. Before she had fallen into the trap of temptation and love. Before she had slept with him. Before she had became attracted to him. Before she made him his first cup of coffee that turned cold. She just wanted to rewind time and save the life inside of her to have such a careless mother who was not ready for its arrival onto Earth. She was harming the baby. She knew abortion was out of the question, and adoption would be too painful. She knew she had to take responsibility for something she had started. Something she and Yoon Sung had started.

How could my life turn upside down so fast in a year? Nana would have never thought about even getting married a year ago, much less becoming a mother before marriage. She was so deep in thought, she didn’t even notice Ahjumma answering her phone.

After the appointment had ended, Nana was still very dumbfounded from all that had happened to her. Ahjumma hailed a taxi for the two of them and after they had gotten into the car, Ahjumma broke the silence. “Nana-ah… don’t feel too bad about this.” She put her arms on Nana’s shoulders. “I was in the same situation as you years ago.”

Nana looked at Ahjumma with her empty eyes and found slight comfort.

“I was pregnant with Yoon Sung when I was in my twenties. I was not a married woman either. In fact, I did not even have a boyfriend or any type of devoted partner.” Ahjumma told her story. “I worked at a bar. I was looked down on. When I found out I was pregnant, I was happy for a moment but then realized my identity… I was just a woman that worked at a bar and was just a mistress of a powerful man. I thought about it more and realized how important his image was and how my child, our child, would affect him negatively. And after realizing those things, I knew I made a horrible mistake.” Ahjumma continued. “Although I was in a similar situation as you are in right now, there are some major differences that completely differs your situation from mine positively and significantly. Yoon Sung loves you. He loves you a lot. Shik Joong had told me that before he had even met you, he had a picture of you that he would talk to. And for 7 years, that was his main motivation at MIT. He thought you were pretty and living well in Seoul. Yoon Sung will love you no matter what. He had loved you before even having met you. When I was pregnant, I couldn’t receive unconditional love. I didn’t have someone that was devoted to me. But you, Nana, are a woman with dignity. I pleased clients at bars when I was pregnant. You are a woman with respect and a woman that receives respect.”

“It’s still a horrible mistake though.” Nana wanted to stay strong. She didn’t want to cry. But she couldn’t help it. A tear rolled down her face. She wiped it away nonchalantly. Although she was still shocked by her pregnancy, hearing about how she was Yoon Sung’s motivation for 7 years had made her heart flutter a little bit. “And Ahjumma, you are a very respectable woman. You are the greatest mother figure I’ve ever had besides my own mother who had unfortunately passed away when I was young.”

“When people grow old, we become more respectable.” Ahjumma smiled. “When I was young, I had no limits. I worked so many different jobs. From bars to restaurants to clubs. I did everything I could to try to earn enough money to support my child, thinking I would be raising it alone… until I met Mu Yeol.” She referred to the man that accepted her pregnancy and even decided to marry her and raise Yoon Sung as his own child. “But Nana, you’re different. Yoon Sung will love you no matter what. And you don’t have to find someone to accept you like I did. You will be accepted. And plus, in today’s society, pregnancy before marriage isn’t as shameful anymore. You will be okay.”

Nana nodded slightly. “Ahjumma, can you do me a favor?”

“Of course.” Ahjumma smiled at Nana. “What is it?”

“Don’t tell Yoon Sung about my pregnancy.” Nana said. “I want to tell him myself.”

Ahjumma nodded and smiled once again.

Everything will be okay.
__

For the rest of the day, Nana couldn’t face Yoon Sung straight without having millions of thoughts running through her head at once. She couldn’t tell him. She was too afraid to. Even with Ahjumma’s assurance, she was still scared. She was too stubborn to listen.

She could tell Yoon Sung was getting a bit irritated. Which was making matters worse. If she told him now, it would make him more irritated, right? Or so Nana thought.

“I went by Sae Hee’s clinic this morning when you were out.” Yoon Sung told Nana. “She wanted to have dinner with us tonight.”

Nana had talked to Sae Hee unni [an older female or older sister] a few times after the death of prosecutor Kim Young Joo. Sae Hee unni had always been smart, calm, and kind. She handled his death pretty calmly. Nana remembered that unni was a mess for a few days, but she slowly got back on her feet and decided to get back to work. Ever since, Nana hadn’t contacted her.

Nana nodded and there was silence between them again.

Yoon Sung had been feeling awkward for the past two days. Nana had been so distant. She barely talked to him. He thought about why Nana had been acting this way. He’d ask her what was wrong but all he got for an answer was, “I’m still kind of sick.”

He tried to force an answer out of Nana but it just didn’t work these times. She would just walk away and make no eye contact with him. Yoon Sung knew something serious must be bothering Nana. And he thought hard. He decided maybe it was because Nana wanted to get a job. He was protecting her too much. He had been trying to argue against her on getting a job. Since they don’t know how long they would be staying here in Seoul, it was reasonable for Nana to get a part time job. “Kim Nana… I was thinking, I know I’ve always argued against you getting a job, but if you really wanted to, you can get a job… I’m honestly not trying to control you…”

Nana laughed pitifully to herself. Even if I wanted to, it’s not appropriate for me to get one now. “Yoon Sung… I can’t.”

“What do you mean?”

At least the subject of pregnancy seemed to be creeping up in their conversation. Maybe this would be an easy way to break the news to Yoon Sung… “Yoon Sung… I…” Nana took a deep breath. “I…” Although she was to the first to confess her feelings in their relationship, announcing a pregnancy was just different. All her confidence and bravery seemed to have evaporated into thin air. When it came to something as life changing as her pregnancy, she couldn’t say it as easy as she would tell Yoon Sung how much she liked him.

As Nana took a deep breath again and was about to pronounce the words, I am pregnant, Yoon Sung’s phone rang. And Nana was stopped. She barely opened her mouth. She had missed this opportunity.

“Yeoboseyo [Hello – used when answering the phone].” Yoon Sung said into his iPhone.

“Yoon Sung-ah…” Yoon Sung’s mother said through the phone.

“Umma [mom]…”

“I need to tell you something very important.” Ahjumma said seriously.

“What’s wrong, umma?”

“I got a call today from one of my employees at the restaurant. She told me that a man and a woman had both filed a complaint for my restaurant. They had reportedly gotten food poisoning from my food. They are looking into a lawsuit.”

Yoon Sung put his hand to his forehead in frustration. Just as he was able to get his mother to come back to Seoul, things start falling apart in the United States. But he expected it. After all, it was a new restaurant and he wasn’t planning on staying in Seoul for too long; just until he got a word from a fellow Thai friend of his. He contacted a friend he had in Thailand for help. His friend’s mother use to work for father at the Triangle. His friend had a lot of insight on the different men who were involved in the drug trade. So he found out for him about the man who was searching for Yoon Sung’s father. The man was the leader of a gang of drug dealers. They have always had a trade agreement with Father and his drugs.

However, father decided to end it all of a sudden which caused his gang to collapse with drug sales and eventually a lot of his followers, who were drug dealers, had had to leave the industry.

The leader got so angry, he finally decided to find Yoon Sung’s father. He wanted to find him and kill him for his money and land. However, since father was dead, they would be after Yoon Sung. Men who were involved in the drug dealing industry were all reckless. The leaders all have money and were angered easily. Yoon Sung learned that at a young age. If you messed with them, they would try to completely tear your life apart. They would kill anyone related to their enemy. That was how Father would act too.

“I have to return to New York to take care of this.” Yoon Sung’s mom spoke.

Yoon Sung couldn’t just let his mother go back alone. She knew limited English and couldn’t drive. And Ahjussi wasn’t reliable enough for dealing with lawsuits and complaints. That meant Yoon Sung would have to go back with her. “I’ll go back with you as soon as I can get a plane ticket.”

“You don’t have to go back with me, Nana needs you.”

“Nana’s cousin, Eun Jung, lives with us. It would be fine. And Nana had been living alone since she was a teenager anyway.”

Yoon Sung’s mother sighed through the phone. Nana hadn’t told him yet. “Why don’t you take Nana with you then?”

“I can’t just leave the house with Eun Jung. It feels unsafe. She’s never home. But I suppose I can take Nana with me if I want to. But why? It’s going to be quick. We just need to settle the complaint with some money before they get into a lawsuit. And also, I don’t want to put her in unnecessary danger.”

Ahjumma didn’t know what to say. She didn’t want to break the news to Yoon Sung herself. It was Nana’s responsibility and Nana even insisted on telling Yoon Sung by herself. She couldn’t say anything but to agree with her son’s plan. “Okay. I guess it would work out.”

“Okay. I’ll get plane tickets as soon as possible.” Yoon Sung hung up. “Bye, umma.”
__

“Yoon Sung ssi! Nana!” Sae Hee stood up from her chair and greeted her friends.

“Unni…” Nana gave her a hug.

As the three of them sat down at the round dinner table at a fancy western restaurant, Sae Hee was the first to talk. “How have you two been?”

“We’ve been doing well.” Nana answered. “What about you?” Nana was so glad Sae Hee was there in between their awkwardness. Her mind was at ease for a little bit… at least until the dinner was over.

“The clinic’s business is pretty good. I’ve been concentrating a lot on my passion for animals right now ever since Young Joo’s death.” Sae Hee pasued. There was silence. It would have been rude to change the subject after the Prosecutor’s death had been brought up in the conversation. “But I’m okay. I’m done mourning for his death. I actually started to see it as a good thing for him. He is now in a better place, without the stress of his job and he’ll be able to watch over everyone. He had always wanted to know what his suspects were doing, and now he can watch over everyone.” Sae Hee chuckled.

Nana laughed a bit seeing that Sae Hee was being light hearted about the subject. “I’m glad you’re happy now.”

“I’m okay.” Sae Hee smiled. “How are you, Yoon Sung ssi?”

Yoon Sung had kept quiet seeing Nana so happy. He didn’t want to ruin her cheerfulness.

“Just settling some things and starting a new life.” He answered.

“That’s good to hear.” Sae Hee turned her attention back to Nana. “By the way, Nana, Blackie [the dog Nana had in City Hunter], is still in my clinic, you want him back, right?”

“Oh yes! I completely forgot about my dear Blackie!” Nana grinned and said enthusiastically. “Of course, I’d take him back!”

The whole time Yoon Sung was just pondering about his mistakes. What had he done wrong? Why was Nana being so distant to him but acted normal with Sae Hee?

“Come by any time to get him. He’s waiting for you!” Sae Hee said.

As they ordered food and waited for the food, Sae Hee would talk to Nana and occasionally ask Yoon Sung some things. However, Yoon Sung kept quiet for most of the time.

After a while, the food arrived, Nana felt strangely nauseous again. She could smell something that didn’t sit well with her. She looked over at Sae Hee’s dish and saw that it was fish. Fish… Nana could smell it. And fish was one of the things that would make her throw up, even just the smell. Nana could feel it, she was about to throw up. Before she puked all over the table, she excused herself quickly. “Excuse me, I need to…” She got up and almost ran to the restroom.

Yoon Sung looked at her with concern as Sae Hee looked at Yoon Sung in confusion.

“Is Nana okay?” Sae Hee asked.

“I don’t know… she’s been sick lately.”

They sat in silence for a little bit until Sae Hee broke the silence. “I was wondering… by any chance, do you possess Young Joo’s phone?”

Yoon Sung widened his eyes a little bit from surprise. He did. He had taken his phone after he died. Yoon Sung hadn’t given it to anyone.

“No one could find his phone at the crime scene. It wasn’t in his pockets either. And the phone was something that might have evidence in and also something I would like to keep even if it won’t contribute to the crime.”

“Why do you think I’d have his phone?” Yoon Sung asked her skeptically.

“I was thinking for a long time and realized before he left me for his work when I was in the hospital, he muttered, ‘City Hunter’, after reading a text and telling me he had to go. I’m trying not to suspect you for anything because I know you’re a good man. But I was curious on if you have seen Young Joo before his death?” Sae Hee asked again. “I’m trying hard not to suspect you, Yoon Sung ssi.”

Yoon Sung looked down but before he could answer, Nana came back.

“I’m sorry, guys. I’ve been a little sick for the past few days, but I’m getting better.”

“Oh it’s fine.” Sae Hee said. “Do you know how you got sick?”

“Um… I think it was that day I ate some street food…” Nana lied. “You know me… I eat everything…”

Yoon Sung looked over at Nana thoughtfully. He knew Nana was lying from the way she said things. She was definitely hiding something from him and he needed to find out… as soon as possible.
__


Please read~

Hey everyone! Okay, so I know the last chapter caused some controversy over the "Abstinence before marriage" belief. And how Nana wouldn't ever act in that way and how sleeping around before marriage was not respectful and how my story is getting messed up etc... Okay, just to clarify, I spend a lot of time planning and writing this fanfiction, so saying my story is "messed up" is a bit offensive. However, the other stuff, I do understand where that might come from. Again, I'm sorry if you believe in "abstinence before marriage" and you no longer want to read the Fanfic. I understand, and I respect your beliefs. 

But I will not change the way this story is planned. I have spent too much time planning it out in detail for me to change it now. As a writer, it would take the joy out of writing this fanfic. 

I tried to get the characters as close to their original characters in City Hunter as possible, but Nana is a really really hard character to grasp. Yoon Sung is a bit easier but still can be challenging because I don't want to make him too attentive since he's not that type of guy. But I don't want to make him a misogynist/sexist and controlling jerk since he's not that extreme. So It can get a bit hard. Anyway, thanks for supporting the Fanfic by commenting and giving reactions :) I really appreciate it! 

Also, I actually re-watched parts of City Hunter to make sure my information was accurate. In City Hunter episode 19 at around 00:47 - 00:49, the prosecutor does mutter 'City Hunter' and Sae Hee does hear it. Yoon Sung indeed did take the Prosecutor's phone. And also, the dog's name is indeed Blackie from the subs I had. Yoon Sung mentioned it in episode 9. 

Please comment, and thank you very much~
Happy Thanksgiving to those in the United States!

12 comments:

  1. please write the next chapter!!! im really liking it but the part how she's pregnant kinda makes me ponder if that is ACTUALLY what nana is like

    ReplyDelete
  2. next chapter please :), can't wait for Nana to tell YS about her pregnacy. Thanks for all your effort

    ReplyDelete
  3. uahh I can't wait until the next chapter. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg..why didn't she tell him...ah...well...that's why it's called suspense. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. NEXT NEXT NEXT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next chapter pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really can't wait for chapter 13!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i commend you for tantalising the readers every time nana has an opportunity to break the news to YS...something unexpected happens! i should probably hate you for making.it that way:-D .... but cant help it...it makes ur fanfic more interesting.... eagrly waiing to read the nexr chapter!

    Anki<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why nana can pregnan ? Its not imposible,because nana is a good women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ȋ̝̊̅ lyk it and Ȋ̝̊̅ can't wait ƒ® more nd Ȋ̝̊̅ think youn sung will take it well b cos Ø̲̣̣̥​F T̶̲̥̅ђe̶̲̥̅̊ L̶̲̥̅̊U̶̲̥̅̊V̲̅ L♥√ع

      Delete
  10. Pls pls pls write T̶̲̥̅ђe̶̲̥̅̊ next episode Ȋ̝̊̅ A̷̷̴̐͠♏ begging U̶̲̥̅̊ Ȋ̝̊̅ A̷̷̴̐͠♏ too eager pls Ȋ̝̊̅ just wonder hw nana would say ir 2 lee youn sung

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hate u for this. why is it not true i reaqlly loved to watch it pls mke it true tell the characters of city hunter to act this play pls i an begging u

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About Me

I am going to post some City Hunter Fanfictions so stay tuned!

Archive