Ending Continuation: Chapters

December 4, 2011

Kim Nana & Lee Yoon Sung - Ending Continuation Fanfic - Chapter 13

“Tell me now.” Yoon Sung demanded as they got into their car. “I know something is wrong but you won’t tell me. I can’t take it anymore, what is bothering you to the point where you seem to be ignoring me?”

“It’s not appropriate for me to tell you right now.” Nana looked out the window of the car to avoid eye contact. “Just please drive home and I’ll tell you.”

“Why?

“I don’t want to tell you something so important in such atmosphere and location.”

“What is it, Kim Nana?” Yoon Sung asked her as he pulled out of the parking lot. “Tell me now.”

“I promise, I won’t avoid it once we get home. I promise I’ll tell you.” Nana raised her voice. “Just please respect my wishes. I don’t wish to tell you right now.”

“I’m worried about you! You can’t just ignore me all the time and expect me to be all calm and attentive!” Yoon Sung raised his voice over Nana’s.

“Yoon Sung, just listen to me! Stop worrying! I promise I’ll tell you when we get home! For now, just please stop pestering me.” Nana yelled.

All the yelling was just not healthy for the situation. Yoon Sung knew he had to stop. He had to respect Nana. “Okay.” He sighed. “Promise me you won’t avoid or change the subject once we get home?”

“I promise. I’ll tell you for sure.” Nana said in seriousness.
__

As the couple walked into their apartment, they could hear the water running from the shower in the living room.

“I guess Eun Jung’s home.” Nana said referring to the occupied bathroom.

Yoon Sung stood still as Nana sat down on the couch. His stare on Nana could burn holes onto her eye. “Kim Nana, talk to me.” He then walked over and sat next to her with his stare still penetrating into her eyes.

“Lee Yoon Sung, do you… love me?” Nana didn’t want to ask but she just wanted reassurance.

Yoon Sung laughed a bit and said. “Is that what’s bothering you?”

“No I’m serious. Just answer the question.”

“No.” He laughed. “You know my answer and yet you’re asking.”

“Please just say it. I want to hear it.”

Yoon Sung realized how significant this moment was for Nana and stopped laughing and regained his seriousness before answering. “Yes.” He said looking into Nana’s eyes.

Nana took a deep breath. This is it, no matter what his reaction will be, I need to tell him now. “Lee Yoon Sung, I am pregnant.” Her voice trembled a bit. “And you’re the father.”

Yoon Sung’s eyes widened in shock. His world was spinning and he could feel his heart beat faster and faster. Pregnant? Nana’s Pregnant? My girlfriend Kim Nana is pregnant? A baby? Pregnancy? All he could think of at the moment was the word pregnant and all the connotations that came with it. He felt a strange emotion. It wasn’t happiness or sadness. It wasn’t anger or enthusiasm. It was just a unique feeling he had never felt before. He felt fascinated but at the same time worried, terrified, and excited. He didn’t know what that feeling was. It was as if a specific feeling was designed from such news. He didn’t know how to react or what to say to Nana.

All the vomiting, nauseating, and refusal of alcoholic drinks had all come together in Yoon Sung’s mind. Those were her pregnancy symptoms.

“Yoon Sung…” Nana’s voice was still trembling.

He couldn’t answer her. His own mind was out of control. He didn’t know what to say or do.

“I know we screwed up.” Nana was about to just break down in tears. “But I must say that abortion is definitely not an option here…”

Yoon Sung snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Nana. “Do I look that irresponsible to you?” He responded to her statement. “I will not let such a thing happen.” He looked into her eyes. “And it might be an accident but we did not screw up.”

Nana smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek. All the emotions and anxiety she had been bottling up finally exploded.

Yoon Sung pulled her closer to him and rested her head on his chest while saying nothing else.

Nana spent a couple of minutes just soaking Yoon Sung’s shirt from her tears. She couldn’t understand why she cried so hard and for what exactly she should be crying for. She just needed to cry. She had to let out her fear and everything she felt about her pregnancy and Yoon Sung seemed to understand.

After a few moments, Yoon Sung finally spoke. “When did you find out?”

“This morning.”

Yoon Sung looked at her with seriousness. “I won’t let anything happen to you or our baby. I promise.” He pulled her close again.

Nana nodded and a smile started to plant on her face. “I believe you.”

They stayed in a position of embrace for a while as Nana closed her eyes and felt calmer. Everything will be okay.

Eun Jung, on the other hand, had finished taking a shower and walked out to see such a sight. In her mind she smiled in aw. But for some reason, she felt a strange sense of confusion and jealousy in her heart. She wasn’t sure why she felt that way. She just wanted to have moments like those with someone important to her as well. No matter how outgoing and social she was, sometimes she just wanted a stable relationship with a guy. But from all the guys that she had dated, none of them had ever provided her with a stable relationship. Maybe that’s why she was feeling a sense of jealousy. She wanted a relationship as beautiful as Yoon Sung and Nana’s. She felt like her heart was misplaced and that she needed to find it.

Eun Jung ignored such a silly feeling and just walked towards her room. She was not the type of girl to want things that lasted long. She liked change and boyfriends were no exception. So why did she all of a sudden mind lacking those true loving moments? She didn’t need them.

Nana heard Eun Jung walking into her room so she immediately pulled away. She hated displaying affection in front of people, except on special occasion like birthdays. Holding hands or an arm around her shoulder was fine, but an intimate embrace was something she wanted to keep to themselves. “Oh hi, Eun Jung.” Nana said. “You’re home early today. You usually don’t come home until we have gone to bed.”

“Yeah, I know.” Eun Jung replied. “I’m sorry for ruining the moment… you guys can continue if you want…” She walked away into her room nonchalantly.

“I’m going to take a shower.” Yoon Sung spoke and went into their room to get his pajamas.

“Okay.” Nana shrugged and continued to sit on the couch. “By the way, Yoon Sung… I’m really glad you took the news positively. Thank you.”

What news? Eun Jung thought to herself as she overheard Nana talking from her room. The apartment was small and everything that was said in the living room would be heard.

Out of curiosity, Eun Jung decided to walk out to the living room and talk to Nana for a bit. “Unni...” She saw Nana playing a game on her iPhone while sitting on the couch after Yoon Sung had locked the door the bathroom to take a shower.

“Eun Jung?” Nana looked up.

“How are you feeling right now? Are you still sick?” Eun Jung sat down next to her cousin.

“Oh I’m okay now.”

“Did you go to the doctor’s office? Because you were pretty nauseous and pale. It seemed like something significant…”

“I went to the doctor’s… but not for that reason.” Nana smiled.

Eun Jung knew she was cooking up a good conversation. She could finally get some information. “So do you mind telling me the reason why you visited the doctor’s?”

“Eun Jung-ah… promise not to judge me?” Nana requested. “I know that sounded pathetic. I meant can you please take the news in a bit more open minded way…”

“Sure…” Eun Jung knew something very very significant was building up in the conversation. Nana was about to tell her something very important.

Nana paused for a long moment and then opened her mouth to speak. “I’m pregnant.” She said with very neutral emotion.

Eun Jung gaped in shock… Nana… pregnant? It had never occurred to her that her very conservative and naïve cousin would end up pregnant so soon and unmarried…
__

“I have findings.” Eun Jung announced as she walked into the prosecution office the next afternoon.

“What is it?” Kim Mi Ok was eager to know.

Both Prosecutor Jang and Jang Pil Jae rushed out hearing such exciting news. “We want to know… now.”

Eun Jung took a long pause and took a deep breath knowing how important this must’ve been for Nana, she wanted to express it in a significant way as well. “Kim Nana is pregnant.”

Eun Jung had conflicting feelings upon hearing about Nana’s pregnancy. One, it would alter the plan and affect her emotionally. Second, she felt excited for Nana too even though she was not the one pregnant. Nana was her cousin and her cousin’s good news was her good news.

The room was filled with silence and Kim Mi Ok was speechless, knowing her niece was pregnant with a man she had harbored hatred for.

“Nana… is… pregnant?” Kim Mi Ok asked with wide eyes.

Eun Jung sighed. “Yes.” She wasn’t sure if it was a blessing or an obstacle for Nana to be pregnant.

“Despite her pregnancy, we still have to carry on the investigation.” Prosecutor Jang said firmly. “Just because a bystander is pregnant doesn’t change our investigation.”

Eun Jung looked at him and then looked away quickly. “Carry on? I don’t know if I can do it.”

“What do you mean?” Prosecutor Jang raised his voice.

“Nana’s my cousin whom I love very much because she’s family.” Eun Jung explained. “If we continue to investigate and find evidence on the arrest of Lee Yoon Sung as the City Hunter, there would be so many charges on him, he may end up in prison for years if he ends up being pled guilty.”

“So? That’s what you’re here for! To help us find evidence on his identity as the City Hunter!”

“Kim Nana is my cousin and this will affect her!”

“Didn’t you already know from the start? No matter what if Lee Yoon Sung is guilty of his illegal charges, Kim Nana will lose him!”

Eun Jung was about to break down in tears. She was torn between family loyalty and justice. Was justice really worth tearing two inseparable lovers apart? Was it worth hurting Nana so deeply? If Yoon Sung became guilty, Nana would have to raise her child without him for a long period of time, and maybe even for life. Although she already knew her purpose in investigating and knew very well about the consequences Nana would face if Lee Yoon Sung does get convicted of his crimes, however, after living with them and seeing how much they loved each other, Eun Jung started to become a bit unsure. But she just kept convincing herself on how Yoon Sung was a dangerous man and Nana deserved someone better anyway. Now though, she was completely unsure. And there was no convincing of herself. Nana’s pregnancy had completely gotten into her head. If Lee Yoon Sung got prosecuted, Nana would be so devastated. And the child would grow up without a father.

“You might feel guilty right now because of her sudden pregnancy. But after some thinking and time, you won’t feel bad anymore. Just think about it, do you really want to give up on this? You are a prosecutor, and prosecutors serve justice no matter the circumstance.” 

Prosecutor Jang reminded her of her profession. “You work for justice and law.”

Eun Jung didn’t know what to say. There was nothing she could say right now. Nothing she could say to make herself feel better. Nothing to say that wouldn’t trigger an argument with Prosecutor Jang. She looked over at her Aunt, Kim Mi Ok to see her reaction. Kim Mi Ok had a shocked expression on her face still. After all, Kim Mi Ok was Nana’s aunt.

“Take some time to think things through.” Jang Pil Jae suggested. “I’m sure you will not regret continuing the investigation.”
__

For much of the day Eun Jung just walked around the city aimlessly. The air was cold now outside and she could see the smoke effect from her breath as she sighed.

“Oettoke [What should I do now]…” She looked behind her as water splashed slightly on her coat to find a lit up fountain. The fountain was pumped through the ground and slightly lit from the night. It was cold and already night and as she watched people walk, she saw many couples. They reminded her of Nana and Yoon Sung, which eventually led her to thinking about herself. How could she tear a couple apart? Tear a family apart? Make a child fatherless?

Eun Jung stood there for a couple of minutes and minutes turned into more minutes and she didn’t want to go home. She didn’t want to face Yoon Sung and Nana. She didn’t want to believe reality. She didn’t want to look at the couple and feel bad. But she didn’t want to give up on justice. If Lee Yoon Sung really did cause Prosecutor Kim Young Joo’s death, there would be a long sentence to serve. What would Nana do? WillI really feel good about serving justice?

No matter how dangerous Lee Yoon Sung was, he was still Nana’s boyfriend. And in Nana’s eyes he must be a good man. So shouldn’t Eun Jung try to see the same?

Just as Eun Jung was thinking about Yoon Sung, he appeared near her. They made eye contact for a brief moment and Yoon Sung smiled slightly and walked over. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh I just happened to have stopped here.” Eun Jung answered. “What are you doing here?”

Yoon Sung liked to visit the fountain when he thought about Nana and when he was dealing with thoughts about Nana as well. For some reason, the fountain reminded him of Nana and the things they have been through. “I’m just here to think about certain things.”

Eun Jung nodded and continued to stand in silence. She couldn’t face Yoon Sung after pondering what she would end up doing to him. She started to feel like a villain that would betray their loyalty. But then another side of her would remind her, You work for the law. When people break laws, it doesn’t matter who they are, they are held accountable for it.

“I never thought I would say this but…” Yoon Sung said. “I’m sorry for being such a jerk before. I just couldn’t let go of certain things in my past. And now that Nana’s pregnant, I know I’m going to need your help on taking care of her.”

“Oh so you’re just trying to get me to help you, that’s why you’re all nice to me now…” She joked but on the inside, she was breaking down.

“No really. I don’t like apologizing nor do I like to say things like this but I feel like if we live under the same roof, I would probably need your help sometimes. I don’t want my selfishness to affect Nana’s life. And you’re her cousin so I want to get along.”

“That’s only what I’ve been trying to do for the past months…” Eun Jung muttered.

“Yeah whatever.” Yoon Sung laughed.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“What is it?” Yoon Sung looked over.

“Do you think you deserve Nana?”

“I don’t deserve anyone.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t like putting people in danger.” Yoon Sung answered stoically. “But I’ve slowly learned to let go and let my guard down.”

Eun Jung didn’t understand exactly what he meant by that. But she knew it had something to do with his identity as the City Hunter. She didn’t want to ask. Because she knew very well, she wouldn’t get an answer for it. “You know… I really admire Nana.” She said. “I would like to think what I’m doing is what’s best for her.”

Yoon Sung thought about her statement and wondered, “Now, what do you mean?”

“Well… I sometimes wonder if you’re the right man for her.” She answered. “Nana might look strong but she’s actually much more fragile than anyone. The strongest people are just the better actors. But inside they’re just the same. Nana especially… she had been scarred from her parent’s death. She had lived alone since then. And since then, she had focused so much on her father’s medical bills; there was no life for her to live. She drowned under debt and multiple jobs… she is just exhausted by now.” Eun Jung sighed. “I remember when we were kids, Nana always loved showing off her Judo attacks. She was very cute but yet very bold. Nana was the opposite of me. I was very delicate and social. I admire Nana a lot. She gave up a normal teenage-hood for jobs and bills. I think she deserves someone who’s stable financially and mentally. She also deserves someone she can depend on and someone she could always count on being there for her. I hope you’re the type of guy I just described. I really hope so.”

Eun Jung wanted to see Yoon Sung in Nana’s light. She wanted to know his greatness after knowing about the other side of him that Prosecutor Jang would talk about. There was more to a person than just being a criminal. Just like his identity as the City Hunter, he might’ve broken laws, but he was breaking laws to do things for people the government couldn’t; things that couldn’t be solved so easily because of the law.

Which direction was truly right to head for? Justice or emotions? Head or heart?
__


Sorry for such a long wait! I was really busy this past week! I hope this long wait will not happen again. I'm so sorry.

This has barely and YS/NN moments and is mainly Eun Jung-centric. I needed this chapter to build my storyline.



Thanks for all the comments last chapter! I appreciate it very much! Please comment on this chapter as well! Tell me what you think of it!

8 comments:

  1. awesome! thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was waiting for this for days ;D it was worth the wait. thank you sooo much :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this chapter and I loved how Nana tell him about her pregnant, she's brave jeje Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i love it!! please have a happy ending for them :-). Anyway, Thank you so so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww finally after the long wait! I love how Eun Jung's point of view towards Yoon Sung started to change. I think I'm starting to like her.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know would've been funny. Is when kim nana told Yoon Sung she pregnant then the episode ends and plays that song its alright with Yoon Sung shocked face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omo... that news sounds so great, imagine that she's pregnant is so cute, i love it

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About Me

I am going to post some City Hunter Fanfictions so stay tuned!

Archive